CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT (‘CPA’) NOTICE
Please read the following carefully & proceed accordingly:
If yours is only an enquiry and not a booking:
- Please (1) SKIP the next two ‘bullets’ (2), peruse our website at your leisure & submit your enquiry to us by completing the template ‘Enquiry Form’ & submit.
- However, if in the process of perusing our website or any of the hyperlinked websites and you come across anything that is not clear, please go to our ‘FAQ’ link as it may clarify what you are not sure about.
- If you are still in a quandary, then please go to our ‘CONTACT US’ link & submit your question to us.
If yours is a booking:
- The CPA in section 49 requires us to bring your attention to certain aspects – we’ve done that by underlining certain clauses.
- The CPA in section 49 also requires us to ‘Spell out’ risk(s) of certain aspects & activities – these clauses have a ‘[..]’ next to them & requires you to tick same as read, explained, understood & accepted – if any of these are still not clear or if you need any further explanation, DO NOT accept the T&C & go to ‘ONLY AN ENQUIRY’ above & follow those steps.
- The CPA in section 41 also requires us to clarify any ‘apparent misapprehension’ you may have – if you have such a ‘misapprehension’ DO NOT accept the T&C & go back to ‘ONLY AN ENQUIRY’ above & follow those steps.
- If anything is STILL not clear or you STILL have a ’misapprehension’ or FAQ has not answered your question(s), email, phone or visit us AGAIN BEFORE completing any ‘tick box’.
- If you are finally satisfied that all your queries have been addressed to your satisfaction, then (1) Read the T&C, (2) Tick those with a […], (3) complete all such tick boxes including acceptance of T&C & (4) proceed.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT (“POPI”)
- “Operator” means an operator as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013;
- “Personal Information” means personal information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013;
- Protection of Personal Information
You hereby authorise FOOTPRINTS IN AFRICA to collect your Personal Information as it is relevant to this Agreement and/or service which we are providing for you or is deemed to be relevant for the provision of such service.
FOOTPRINTS IN AFRICA is committed to the adherence of national legislation and regulations pertaining to the safeguarding of data privacy.
FOOTPRINTS IN AFRICA shall use information previously provided by you to perform our services and to amongst other things, process invoices, credit notes, statements and any other document related to the services.
You confirm that we may share your personal information with the following persons, who have an obligation to keep the personal information secure and confidential:
- Employees of FOOTPRINTS IN AFRICA who are required to be informed of the personal information in order to attend to the services supplied and;
- All third parties who may assist us in supplying the services.
We undertake not to disclose your personal information unless it is legally or contractually required to do so.
We agree to use all reasonable efforts to ensure your personal information in our possession is kept confidential, stored in a secure manner and processed in terms of POPI.
You hereby acknowledge and warrant that:
- FOOTPRINTS IN AFRICA is entitled and authorised by you to transfer any Personal Information to any of its Operators; and
- FOOTPRINTS IN AFRICA is entitled to store and back-up your Personal Information on its servers.