Cradle of Humankind & Sterkfontein Caves
The Cradle of Humankind & Sterkfontein CavesThis day tour brings enjoyment to the whole family and the solo traveler. Visiting 1 of 8 Unesco's World Heritage Sites in South Africa. Including a Underground cave Tour and a Boat Ride. The Cradle of Humankind covering the region of Sterkfontein, Swartkrans, Kromdraai and environs has one of the world's richest concentrations of hominid fossils, evidence of human evolution over the last 3.5-million years.
- Starts with being collected at your Hotel in the morning, we make our journey towards the Sterkfontein caves situated 1 hour from Johannesburg and Pretoria.
- The Sterkfontein Caves are world-famous for their fossil finds and are a popular visitor destination.
- The tour at the Sterkfontein Caves, starts above ground and then take visitors deep into the caves.
- Once we finished with the cave tour we head over to Maropeng Visitor Centre which is an award-winning, world-class exhibition, focusing on the development of humans and our ancestors over the past few million years.
- The Maropeng tour starts with a unique boat trip that depicts the history of the planet, via a series of waterways.
- Take a journey through time, starting with the formation of the planet and moving all the way through the evolutionary processes that culminated in the world as we know it today.
- See fossils, learn about how humankind was born, view stone tools that are up to one million years old, and much more. This self-guided, interactive tour allows you to take all the time you need to ponder humanity’s fascinating origin story.
- Before we head back to your hotel enjoy lunch on site.