Soweto and Apartheid Museum
Soweto and Apartheid Museum Tour
- Starts by being collected from your hotel in the morning. Before entering Soweto we pass by the National Football Stadium where the opening and closing ceremony of the 2010 Soccer World Cup took place.
- Taking us into the suburb of Diepkloof passing by the Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital, Soweto Campus of the University of Johannesburg and the Orlando Towers.
- Making our way to Orlando West where you will have the opportunity to read about the Soweto uprising of the June 16, 1976 in the Hector Pieterson Museum.
- In Orlando West we visit Vilakazi Street, passing homes of 2 noble peace prizes winners who once lived in the same street. Home of Archbishop Desmond Tutu and former home of Nelson Mandela.
- The Apartheid Museum (Available on Full Day Tour) opened in 2001 and is acknowledged as the pre-eminent museum in the world dealing with 20th century South Africa, at the heart of which is the apartheid story.